All money raised will help the AASPCA care for the 4,000 homeless animals taken in each year. Walkers are encouraged but not required to bring their dogs to the choice of a 1 mile, 2.5 mile or 5 mile course around the park.
The event will also feature giveaways, vendors and demonstrations.
Some rules apply:
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations and at least 6 months old
- Owners must clean up after their pet (bags will be provided)
- Pets must be kept under control or owner will be asked to leave
- Dogs must be kept on non-retractable leashes
- Female dogs in heat prohibited
Pledge sheets are available at registration on the day of the event and donations are encouraged, but not mandatory. Prizes will be awarded to individuals who raise a minimum of $30. Grand prize winner will receive two round-trip domestic flight tickets from AirTran Airways.